* Headlines for September 17, 2007
* The Shock Doctrine: Naomi Klein on the Rise of Disaster Capitalism
admin note -- description below are for previous dates:
* The Race for 2008: A Look at the Presidential Playing Field
* Immigrant Groups Launch Boycott of Western Union Over Money Transfer Fees
* Thousands Turn Out For Immigrant Rights Protest Against Social Security "No Match" Letters
* Headlines for September 14, 2007
* EXCLUSIVE: In One Of His Last Interviews Before His Death Iraqi Tribal Leader Abu Risha Details Relationship With U.S. Military
* From Empire to Earth Community: Author David Korten on "The Great Turning"
* Vandana Shiva Decries the "Outsourcing of Pollution to the Third World"
* Michael Klare on the Internal War For Control of Iraq's Oil
* "Climate Porn" - Simon Retallack on the Dangers of Using Alarmist Language to Talk About Climate Change
September 18, 2007 Subject:
fantastic program and overview
ms. klein puts together a comprehensive view of how america has been exploiting and creating disasters in order to "shock" a country into sweeping and disastrous economic reforms.
the program starts with an excerpt from a new film she co-wrote that horrifying parallels the shocking, torture, and sensory deprivation of people in order to soften them up to be more open to suggestion and be more cooperative. this same mentality and process is being used on entire countries.
it's a great interview and if you haven't heard of this idea and term before, something to really get you to think!